Relationship Squash Player and Coach
In our opinion, the top five factors for a good relationship between a squash player and their coach are:
1. Communication: Both the player and coach should be able to communicate openly and honestly with each other. This can help to build trust and understanding between the two parties.
2. Mutual respect: A good relationship between a player and coach is built on mutual respect. The player should respect the coach's squash expertise and experience, and the coach should respect the athlete's individuality and autonomy.
3. Clear goals and expectations: Both the player and coach should have a clear understanding of the goals and expectations for the player's performance. This can help to ensure that they are working towards the same objectives.
4. Support: A good coach should provide support and encouragement to the player, both on and off the squash court. This can help the player to stay motivated and focused on their goals.
5. Flexibility: A good coach should be flexible and adaptable, and be willing to adjust their approach based on the needs and abilities of the player. This can help to ensure that the player is receiving the best possible support and guidance.